Kindred Creations Home                           Kindred Creations Shop                           Kindred Creations Facebook Page                                 Kindred Creations On Pinterest

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lose Weight Without Dieting

How many times have you read that??? A kazillion? Well, in this post, I will attempt to show you how to shave off a few unwanted pounds with the magic of photo editing!

Meet Mr. Fat Bear. That's his name, I didn't give it to him... we call him Fat Bear for short..



Here is a quick, down and dirty way to slim him down...


duplicate your layer




deselect your original layer so it is now hidden, then with your selection tool move the sides in - just a bit... not too much or your image will looked "squished". Just enough to shave off a bit of bulge!


Here is another way... great for arms and profile shots...

Hey Mr. Fat Bear... how's it going?


With your lasso tool, select area for slimming


Go to your filter gallery and find "liquify"

Once there, your view changes, just to the area you have selected. Size your brush in accordance to your photo size. Here my brush size is 64 pixels. Move your brush in an upward - inward motion.

Now for my finished product, I slimmed his hind end too a bit. I did find that I had to "clean up" my background a bit, because his fur left me some "messies"...

Meet the new and improved Mr. Fat Bear!



With a bit of patience and a bit of time you can master this technique... on people its easier... no fur to deal with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol Great tut, Andrea! I love your subject - He's adorable!! :)

ms318i said...

i should have given you some photos of me to work with lol

i kinda like mr fat bear chucky lol