Kindred Creations Home                           Kindred Creations Shop                           Kindred Creations Facebook Page                                 Kindred Creations On Pinterest

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New to the Digital Scrapbooking and Design World? Then you probably want to ask...

What program do you use?
I get this question on a daily basis through the store.
The short answer: I use Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite.



And Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

About Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite
Now onto the long answer: I started digital scrapbooking and tried numerous programs before I broke down and bought photoshop. I kept thinking surely there is something I can use other than photoshop, but really in the digital world it can't be matched. You have incredible flexibility, there are thousands of tutorials available online and a lot I mean A LOT of other people use it. Which means there are many freebies like brushes and shapes that are compatible with photoshop that you can use.

Photoshop can seem a bit daunting at first. My first experience with photoshop was a frustrating 10 minutes just trying to figure out how to crop a photo! If I had been smart I would have read some of the help info or checked out a book on photoshop at the library. If you are good at navigating the computer and you want to have full creative control of your layouts photoshop is for you. I highly recommend downloading a trial version to try it out.

About Adobe Photoshop Elements
If you do not plan to design your own elements and you basically want to be able to use items created by others to create scrapbook pages or cards etc. Photoshop Elements is a great option. It has easy to use photo enhancements and the newest version is even integrated with Facebook and other online sites to make it easy to share your photos and scrapbook layouts or get them printed. (clicking on the image will take you to Amazon where you can watch multiple videos about the features in Photoshop Elements).

No comments: