Kindred Creations Home                           Kindred Creations Shop                           Kindred Creations Facebook Page                                 Kindred Creations On Pinterest

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Spring Cleaning

The weather is finally nice! Winter just hung on WAY too long for me this year....but not anymore. Now I finally feel like it's going to be summer. Right about now is when I get the itch to do some Spring Cleaning and my scraproom is usually the first place I start.

I'm issuing a challenge. Get into your stash....and purge people. There are a whole host of Mom's groups, church groups, school classrooms, etc who would love to benefit from the stuff you've got leftover from all your winter scrapping adventures. There's also the huge potential of garage sales this time of year - I just sold off a table full of stuff for a couple hundred bucks....you know - the "one man's junk is another man's treasure" totally applies to this craft. You just never know what people will buy off you. And, on that note, I just came home today with $50 worth of stuff from my best friend's garage sale pile too (oops). Another reason I love to purge right now is that getting my scraproom in order early in Spring makes the few moments I can steal in summer to scrap that much more efficient. I want to spend lots of time outside in this weather but when I get a chance to scrap - I want to have the clutter gone, everything in it's place and some new (new to me) goodies lined up and ready to go!


Kinda related: Here's one of my latest layouts. Rub-ons and Tree paper are "hand-me-downs" from my friends' garage sale pile....see....her junk = my treasure!

Happy Spring...bring on the sun!
Cathy

2 comments:

nifty said...

I soooo need to get around to doing this, I hope I'll get around to it cause my stuff is all over the place since I went to a crop this spring and never got put back into place... and a garage sale, I started to get ready for the one at my LSS but then got swamped with work when the time came (but I need to have my garage sale not at my house, cause I have stuff to sell that my mom gave me lol ).

Cathy said...

LOL....I never tell my mom when I'm having a garage sale....I tell her the week after and she always says, "Oh, you should have told me, I'd have come to help" (which is exactly why I tell her the week after - so I can sell the stuff she gives us)